chocolate chip orange peel cookies

Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookies Recipe

by Samantha Bacchus McLeod

This Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookie recipe is like a happy childhood and a gourmet snob colliding and high-fiving in these pandemic times.

I have baked chocolate chip cookies many times, no two times have they ever been the same, but this one…I think I hit the sweet spot. Adding orange peel to the mix to create this fantastic Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookies, was the wow factor I have always been missing.

These last couple of months, we all have baking on the mind. If you don’t know what I mean, try buying 2 bags of flour and see how fast your wrists will be slapped. I per customer means the supply chain stays consistent, and not too many sugar-overdose can happen all at once, I think?

But seriously, baking doesn’t get us in the mood for love. The very act of baking is love itself. We love the aromas of fresh baked cookies, cakes and bread, it triggers comfort and nostalgia, and our instinct to recreate those feelings again and again keep us baking day in and day out.

I have found that now is the best time to play with old recipes, 80 percent of the time you will hail yourself as a kitchen hero, and the other 20 percent of fails can ever so easily be repurposed as crusts, croutons, sprinkle and what not.

These cookies are crunchy on the outside, and cake-like soft when you bite into them. The scents of vanilla, oranges and chocolate melt into the buttery baked goodness to explode in one sensory-glorious mouthful of emotions. I am telling ya’ll, it’s one special as heck cookie recipe!

This Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookie is like a happy childhood and a gourmet snob colliding and high fiving in these pandemic times.

Pour a big glass of milk and feel no guilt when you eat 3 or 6 all by yourself. Enjoy. Oh, if you love this, then try this cool Jam Crumble Coffee Cake.

Oh btw, if you are a baker who can’t eat these, then head over her and try these Low FODMAP and GF Banana & Blueberries Bread.

chocolate chip orange peel cookies

Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookies

This Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookie recipe is like a happy childhood and a gourmet snob colliding and high-fiving in these pandemic times. I have baked chocolate chip cookies many times, no two times have they ever been the same, but this one…I think I hit the sweet spot. Adding… Recipes Chocolate Chip Orange Peel Cookies Recipe European Print This
Serves: 20 large cookies Prep Time: Cooking Time:
Nutrition facts: 200 calories 20 grams fat
Rating: 4.5/5
( 2 voted )

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups organic cane sugar

3 extra large eggs, lightly beaten

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon chocolate extract

1 tablespoon grated (fresh organic) orange peel

1 tablespoon baking powder

 1/4 cup cold milk

¼ teaspoon salt

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup dark chocolate chips

1 cup milk chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, and set aside.

Mix together the butter and cane sugar, mix well but leave it a quite grainy (not creamy).

Break the eggs into the butter and sugar mixture, stir in the vanilla, chocolate essence and the orange peel, add the milk and combine well.

Next, add the flour mix, both sets of chocolate chips, and stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated.

Take the dough by big tablespoons each and roll in the palm of your hands to form balls about the size of large golf balls. 
*Bake a few. Freeze a few. Or bake all in one batch.

Place wax paper on the bottom of a large cookie tray, space out 12 balls of cookie dough on the tray, and bake until the edges look firm and barely brown (about 10-12 minutes per batch).

 

 

Notes

Organic cane sugar and orange peel make these cookies amazing.

Related Posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Agree

Powered By WP Official Support