Tacos, just like salmon, are versatile and healthy, so it makes perfect sense to pair salmon with this quick and easy, tummy-filling Mexican dish.
What is great about this dish is you can prep and store the salmon and the salsa beforehand and quickly assemble when you’re ready to serve.
Tacos with Tequila and Lime Salmon and Mango Salsa
2 lb. (700 grams) salmon fillet
2 oz. (60 ml.) tequila
1 oz. (30 ml.) olive oil
1 thinly sliced shallot
juice of 1 small lime
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1 cup diced cucumbers
1 cup diced red onions
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper (deseeded beforehand)
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup diced firm ripe mangoes
juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste
½ ounce tequila, juice of ½ lime, 1 cup mayonnaise. Whip together well to fully combine.
8-12 corn tortillas (taco shells)
1 head shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup shredded red cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, add the salmon fillet, tequila, olive oil, shallots, lime juice and salt and pepper. Toss well to coat the salmon. Transfer to a baking dish (juices and all), and bake for 30 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Break up in bite-size pieces with a fork Refrigerate in a tightly closed container until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, jalapeno, cilantro, mangoes, lemon juice and salt. Stir well to combine. Transfer to a container with a good seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pull out all the prepped filling components.
- Warm the tortillas
- Lay out 4 plates and place 2 tortillas, side by side on each plate.
- Fill each tortilla with the cooked salmon, mangoes salsa, shredded lettuce and shredded cabbage.
- Drizzle with the tequila and lime aioli.