Sweet and Sour Salmon with Crispy Green Beans and Jasmine Rice
Enough for 2 servings
Crispy green beans:
- 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cleaned green beans
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the fats until almost smoking. Keep the heat high. Add the beans and lay out in one layer, stir fry until the beans are crispy on all sides. Remove the pan and take out the beans, put on paper towels to drain.
- Heat the pan again, add the garlic, then the onions and stir. Lower the heat and add the green beans and toss well. Remove and set aside.
- Cut the fresh salmon fillet into 3-inch squares (about 4 to 6 pieces)
- 1/8 teaspoon five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- Mix well and toss the fish pieces in it to coat.
Fats and Fry:
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large fry pan.
- Add all the fish pieces and sear on one side, brown it. Flip it and brown it on the other side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ a lemon, juiced
- Mix well. Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Add the fried fish, toss to coat well. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes to a thick and slight sticky consistency.
- Place 2 servings of steamed jasmine rice into two bowls, top with crispy green beans and sweet and sour salmon.
Recipe originally published on SeaWestNews